Actually, the butterfly flap thing is not really good either.
In chaos, things do not cause other things. The system is
essentially noncausal.
This is a trick point. But if a system depends unstably
on its initial state, it makes no real sense to say that it
depends on its initial state at all in any detail.

The weather has large scale stable aspects--it is almost always warmer in the summer than in the winter for example. But the details of the weather are(it is currently believed) unstable. They are not really caused by
anything in any reasonable sense.

This is in fact not completely detached from quantum uncertainty
because if a system is unstable then it can obviously be knocked about
by quantum level changes--since it can be knocked about by arbitrarily
small changes of any sort. One merges into the other.

Also, there is no reason at all why a quantum uncertainty cannot
have macro effects, cf. Schrodinger's cat and many other examples.

Time for work. More on this later(if anyone cares)

Robert