The deterministic universe idea departed from serious science
almost 100 years ago since qunatum mechanics is by nature nondeterministic. (More precisely, 80 some years ago if you want to wait for people to have realized exactly how intrinsic the nondeterminacy
was--Heisenberg formulated his uncertainty principle in 1927 as I recall).
On the other hand, it is not clear to me that this really affects
computers directly.
They do freeze up at what appear to be random times and for unknown reasons. But I would be prepared to believe that they are not truly
random if one could look down in the works as it were.
But no one scientific seriously doubts that the universe is nondeterministic.

Robert