I'm designing a mid-size (8 to 12-ch) ambisonics setup, using small active
near-field studio monitors such as Fostex PM04, Focal CMS40, BM-5A...(the exact
model will depend on the funding I'll get for this project).

As it is supposed to be "portable" (well, transportable would be a better term)
I'm planning to put the speakers on stands (such as lightning roll-stands from
Manfrotto) that can be easily folded and put in some car (mine).

For example, the 12 speakers setup would have 3 speakers per stand (floor, mid,
ceiling speakers), each stand being in the corner of the room or, better, at
the middle of each room side, in order to prevent that common
room-corner-ultra-bass-boom effect. The 8 channels setup is simply the cube (or
the "parallelepiped"), with no mid speaker.

As some of you already may have built such fixed or portable setups, I was
wondering how you managed to fix the speakers to (vertical or horizontal) tube
stands or structures. For lights, they use tube clamps, but the weight is not
the same when it comes to active loudspeakers. Most small form factor speakers
have threaded mounting holes so you can put them on microphone stands, so I was
planning to use them, but I couldn't find the "missing link" between the tube
and the mounting holes...

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Frank