On 10/07/2011 19:36, Marc Lavallée wrote:
dw<surso...@dwareing.plus.com>  a écrit :

On 10/07/2011 18:10, Stefan Schreiber wrote:

If you can't reproduce full horizontal 360º surround via two front
speakers, then the "binaural via two loudspeakers" approach doesn't
work, and there is no solution to reproduce "3D sound" in this way.
(Your colleague Choueiri claims this on the cited web page, and
with every respect, no way...)
It can work but is not robust. Get a Jambox and don't move your head
in this case.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20268768/auberge-clip.wav - He walks in front
and returns behind for most people.
What so special with the Jambox?

It is one thing that E Choueiri uses for demos, I know it works. It must be used very near-field. I don't have an anechoic chamber and that is the next best thing.
  I tried with small speakers. The stage
is no larger than 120 degrees. When the walker comes back; he was
probably walking behind, but to me the sound is just louder and there's
less echo, as if we was nearer, not really behind. But it's a nice clip!
--
Marc