Ummmmm.....  Every single recording on Ambisonia was available as a
DTS-CD RIFF/WAV file of a 4.0 decode (that is, Center and LFE were
silent).  All one needed to do was burn them to a CD and play in a DVD
player connected to a 5.1 home theater set up.   See Richard Elen's
article "Getting Ambisonics Around" for the technical details of the
process.  http://www.ambisonic.net/pdf/ambisonics_around.pdf

I know there were several hundred downloads of my recordings in that
format -- Stravinsky, Beethoven, Brahms, Dvorak, recorded with my
Soundfield MkIV for NPR's Performance Today.

--
Aaron Heller <hel...@ai.sri.com>
Menlo Park, CA  US