Sorry I got bogged down in technical details.  Thanks for pointing
that out to me.

What I should have said was that every recording on Ambisonia (~250,
iirc) was available as a file that could be downloaded, burnt to CD,
and played on a plain old 5.1 home theater system -- presumably just
the kind that you, Neil, his work mates have, and many others have.
No special playback setup needed.  Same set of skills and computer set
up that were needed to get files with Napster and make CDs from them.
I seem to recall that plenty of people were able to do that.

Anyway, I put some files at

   http://ambisonics.dreamhosters.com/DTS/

There are a few more and some discussion at

   http://www.ambisonic.net/decodes.html

If needed, some instructions for burning and playing are on pages
10-13 of the SurCode manual

http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/info/PDFs/Manuals/SurCode%20DTS%20CD%20Manual.pdf

Let me know what you hear...

Aaron