Ronald:

> Wrong. They would want it, if they ever heard it.

Sorry.  I've heard surround and it's just not good enough to  matter -- for
MUSIC.

I've heard "Dark Side" and I've heard "Kind of Blue" . . . and most of the
rest of the SACD and DVD-A releases.  Some are fabulous, some are not but
none of it was enough.  Good try.  Experiment failed.

I've recorded with Tetramics and I've set up an HSD 3D system, on which I
enjoyed the 3RD DIMENSION of music -- height -- but none of this is  enough.

Amibsonics (i.e. FOA) is fabulous for AMBIENCE but, alas, not for  MUSIC
(due to the lack of frontal emphasis) and c'mon . . . we all know  it.

The reason why Ambisonics hasn't succeeded -- after all this  time -- for
MUSIC is that it's not *good* enough to make a  difference.

That's why the HOA "debates" happened.  Smart people with well-trained
ears KNOW that FOA isn't good enough.

It has nothing to do with MAG or the British government or bad timing or
bad business decisions -- it doesn't *improve* the listening to MUSIC enough
for  people to care.  Seems that Apple also figured that out.

I also know many people in the music *business* and they also heard it
(indeed, spent a lot of money on it) and have universally come to the same
conclusion.

Case closed.

Mark Stahlman
Brooklyn NY