Ron Streicher has written about using a Soundfield as the middle mic in a
Decca tree

   http://www.wesdooley.com/pdf/Surround_Sound_Decca_Tree-urtext.pdf

and Tom Chen has a system he calls B+ Format, which augments first-order
B-format from a Soundfield mic with a forward ORTF pair.   I've heard it on
orchestral recordings at his studio in Stockton and it sharpens up the
orchestra image nicely.

Aaron Heller (hel...@ai.sri.com)
Menlo Park, CA  US