On 06/26/2013 07:02 PM, Eric Carmichel wrote:
Creating a virtual Decca Tree seems straightforward. To move
the center channel, or a virtual mic *forward* would require little
more than offline processing. I wonder whether anybody has tried the
following: Slightly delay all channels except the signal (or feeds)
that make up the forward-most (central) channel.

If you do that, you are also recreating the comb filter effect :)

Frankly, I've never been much of a Decca Tree fan for stereo. For LCR however (e.g. the frontal part of a 5.1 mix or anything with a dedicated center), it's quite useful. I've even used it for live sound amplification in theatres with a good center cluster.

best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net