There are numerous examples where the predictions of HRTF localisation are falsified by observations. What is one to think of the science?

On 19/11/2014 22:12, Stefan Schreiber wrote:
dw wrote:

On 19/11/2014 20:42, Stefan Schreiber wrote:

Binaural recordings have weaknesses:

- They are definitively coloured by the chosen pinnae forms, head-shape (and maybe torso-shape). The "kunstkopf" approach means that you will have to chose some < general > HRTFs filters during recording...

That is just what the Herd Science says..

You can do binaural recordings.

I doubt binaural recording techniques fit well to VR applications, mainly because of the HT/motion-tracking issues.

The citing above was written within this context, showing an existing further problems.

Herd Science

There is either science or gossip. Please enlighten me and others about the true situation and science. (If - and this is a big if - you can do this.)

Your posting seems to be meaningless if not arrogant, BTW.

Stefan Schreiber