Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 08:16:05PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:

David Pickett wrote:
Is everybody on the list getting gibberish (éäJ, etc), as I am?

It works for me. Maybe your mail prog didn't like it as it wasn't
a "normal" mail = the raw source looks like -

CgoKSGVuayB8IFNwb29rLmZtIDxoZW5rQC4uLj4gd3JpdGVzOgoKPiAKPiBEZWFyIFN1cnJvdW5k

IFNvdW5kIERpc2N1c3Npb24gR3JvdXAsCj4gCj4gSSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gZm9sbG93aW5nIHRoZSBl

Which is just 'base64' encoding, something any mail program is
supposed to be able to handle -- it's quite an old standard.

Yea, maybe I should have said plain instead of normal.

I was just thinking Dave was possibly seeing base64 as trashed and plain
as OK, in which case it would be a clue as to what was going on with his
client.