Hi there!

This is definitely a hot topic at the moment, and I thought folk might be
interested in what we (Blue Ripple Sound) have been up to in this area.
There's a news items at
http://www.blueripplesound.com/story/rapture3d-for-virtual-reality.

The executive summary of that is: there's a new version of the Rapture3D
game engine in the pipes that is simpler, faster, more portable, and
includes support for TOA playback (with "re-pointing"). For VR, this means
you can create complete 3D audio scenes with our TOA studio plugins which
can then be rendered to binaural, in a way that takes the user's head
position into account.

Best wishes,

--Richard