--On 20 January 2018 20:35 +0100 David Pickett <d...@fugato.com> wrote:

> I hadnt seen any anouncement of this, but I have just discovered that
> Firefox (Windows version) plays my surround files in surround.
> Previously, for these and for the BBC experiments I have had to use
> Chrome. If someone with four speakers would like to confirm that this
> is true and I am not halucinating, I should be grateful.

As I remarked recently on this list, this is routine for any up-to-date
browser, in Windows, at least (and who risks using a browser that's not
fully updated these days?).  The requirement is simply that the Windows
default audio device is defined to have a suitable speaker setup.

I've confirmed this with Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE 11.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges