My guess would be the AD converters are not great - DA converters are
generally flat as a pankake these days but AD converters are not always on
cheaper stuff. I tried it with various different microphones and was never
happy - several other sI know found the same. Of course they dont have
phantom power either ...

On 9 April 2018 at 21:43, David Pickett <d...@fugato.com> wrote:

> At 22:36 09-04-18, Augustine Leudar wrote:
> >PS thats with the onboard capsules though - the AD converter is a mini
> jack
> >in and terrible quality.....
>
> Why is this? It is counter-intuitive. I mean, the actual input level and
> impedance may be non-standard and need some accommodation, but having taken
> care of that, why should the quality be worse than using the microphione
> mounted on the side?
>
> David

Dr. Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD