The Zoom H2n outputs A-format as two stereo files (wav or mp3)

Uumshankar is still producing the Brahma, and some interesting developments from it; but no longer in association with Embrace Cinema Gear (the original manufacturer for the Brahma Kickstart project). Brahma Microphones is now at http://brahmamic.com/