Thanks all for you responses - Lorenzo I render out the 30A virtual speaker
stems and be in touch about the 3DTi App. Brian your AES paper has been
very helpful and given me plenty of insight into the possible issues.

With regard to the use of headphones there's a number of factors

- The soundfield will be modified by users head movements with realtime
binaural processing rather than remaining entirely fixed
- The work is intended for gallery installation and from prior experience
the spaces are usually less than ideal in terms of acoustics and the usual
level of general ambient noise. As its a quiet piece (using a lot of rural
field recordings) hp would allow for a mobile sweet spot and go some way to
provide a more intricate sound scene with less background distractions
- This is a work in progress but the plan is to eventually use location
tracking with the headsets as users move from one space to another within
the gallery, moving between different sound scenes and potentially
triggering virtual sounds in specific areas,

Thanks all for the suggestions - will let you know how I progress

Cheers
Simon