it takes money to buy lye and stuff to convert oils to biodiesel, takes
fuel to heat a still, to purchase equipment to make methane.  the worse
the engine uses fuel the more money is gotta be stuffed in the front
end.  with petro-fuels all but the environmental costs are built in,
making fuel at home means a lot higher initial cost, but greater
dividends, there is still a per btu cost, like gasoline.
    if a biodiesel powered engine uses enough fuel the mileage/fuel cost
equation reaches the same cost for distance, i can't at the moment
figure out exactly how to say it now, i'm tired, but i think if you can
pick up my meaning you will agree.