-----Original Message-----
From: David Teal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: biofuel@egroups.com <biofuel@egroups.com>
Date: Friday, 12 January 2001 12:09
Subject: [biofuel] Gunpowder engine

Hi David
Agree with your comments about starch and alcohol.
dont know if i'd like to try the dry fuel in a piston engine - I know
coal powder wasnt terribly successful.
But it should work fine in an IC or EC Turbine I imagine it would
burn fairly clean however the grain has still got a lot in it that
wont come out as energy or water so the pollution factor may
be quite alarming and making straight starch from the feedstock
would likely loose as much energy as in ethanol production
regards
john