Here's what a friend said about it:

"Tesla's turbine uses the smooth surface boundary effect to drive a
turbine with no blades. Power is transferred by using the boundary
layer drag effect where a moving
fluid tries to stick to a smooth surface.

"It seems that the disc spacing is important. Too wide and fluid
simply rushes by. Too close and the flow is too slow to have the
right effect. Interestingly, it works best with smooth surfaces. Try
an old CD on a stick in a power drill, it'll stir a bucket of water.
Not as well as a paint-stirrer maybe, but the boundary layer effect
is real.

"I think the main use for his turbine might be at the low pressure
end of a steam
turbine. Normally steam cannot condense in the turbine as the blades
will literally wear away. However a Tesla turbine would not have that
problem and may be able to extract some of the latent heat. That is
often around 60% of the energy burnt to raise the steam so any return
is valuable."

http://www.execpc.com/~teba/
TESLA ENGINE BUILDERS ASSOCIATION

The Secret of Nikola Tesla
This underground classic, starring Orson Welles, examines one of the
most influential scientists of the 20th century. It reveals the truth
behind the life of this brilliant man and examines the controversy
between Edison and Tesla. A telling expose of how corporate
influences have shaped technology and our world. 115 minutes.
 From Jade Mountain
http://www.jademountain.com/booksVideos/tesla.html

I really agree with your lack of illusion, Bryan - or delusion
rather. Mr Germano's a bit naive if he thinks he's going to
"revolutionize the power industry", and even more so if he thinks all
it needs is better tech (if that's what it is).
http://www.frank.germano.com/
Frank.Germano.com, International Turbine And Power, LLC., Tesla
Technologies...Today!

Why'd you post that message twice, by the way? Or is it eGroups?

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects