David said per the subject "Methanol Help":
>Terry mentioned methane hydrate, the solid stuff.  With global warming now
>inevitable, it is important that these rich resources of fossil fuel should
>be captured for use soon, otherwise they will vaporise to methane in the
>atmosphere and become a VERY potent cause of further warming.  We've got a
>positive feedback timebomb with this stuff!

I am not familiar with this subject of methane hydrate on the edge of
the continental shelves. However, I strongly suspect that long before
such time as the oceans heat up enough for this stuff to vaporize
in-situ the issue of human survival on this earth would be quite moot.

Dare I say it, FWIW I am not yet convinced that 1) a long term global
warming trend is taking place, nor 2) that human activity is
significantly responsible for global warming (if it exists), nor 3)
that human activity could diminish global warming (if it exists).
Perhaps the motivation for the selling of global warming is based on
something other than sound science.
--
...Warren Rekow