> From: Warren Rekow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Fwd: Saving Gasoline and Money
>
> I've heard stories about putting magnets on gas lines to improve fuel
> mileage for years.... Dick, perhaps magnets attached to the tubing might
increase the
> effectiveness of foggers?

*good post warren !! this magnet thing either works, or else  is just more
urban legend. both ways, it shouldn't be hard to check out, like checking
out novak's baby was easy.

*will come up with a test routine, and post when i have my numbers in, just
like the fogger.

*some questions <snipped> into the article :

>...Later, I discovered these devices contained simple magnets with
> the south-seeking poles directed inward....

*besides floating one of them, and then comparing, is there some other
method for determining a magnet's south that i am unaware of, or have
forgotten ?

> The magnets used are fairly strong rare-earth strontium ferroxide ceramic
> magnets which will pinch your fingers (Ouch!) if you are not careful, and
> four of them are enough for a single fuel-line for one car.  Any similar
> strong magnet will work....

*such as speaker magnets ? how do i determine if a magnet is strong enough
for this application ?

> Like the orgone accumulator, it is too simple for most people to
believe...

*i know for a fact that something very similar to an 'orgone accumulator'
works just fine, and does generate fuel savings at a reasonable cost. this
lends credibility to this gent's thesis.

> You can get the magnets at any Radio Shack...

*it would sure help to have a rs cat # or something more specific to go on.
any chance of obtaining this ? rs is such a comfy one-stop place for all of
these odds and ends, i find...

>...Natural Energy Works has been selling
> these simple strong magnets for years, available in sets of 10 for $10
plus
> $7 USA-Canada shipping, along with a little book on the subject for
$12.95.
> The same effect works also on your propane or natural gas stove or
furnace,
> when magnets are added to the feed lines just before the burners or
> combustion chambers.

*what shape and size are the magnets n.e.w. sells ? 12.95 for a booklet on
why and how it works sounds a bit steep to me. thoughts on this ?

*notice closeness to entry point is invariably stressed. is 'the closer the
better', or will 'close enough' do ?

*nice project for anybody willing to keep statistically significant tabs on
fuel use. i for one will fit it into one of my ongoing projects, asap.

*who knows, 7-11 % from the fogger, + 5-15 % from the magnets, plus a bit of
meth in the gasoline, and maybe an h generator, and we might be looking at
some significant savings here. i've got the fogger down pat, and am halfway
there with the h generator, so all i need to do now is mix some meth into
the gas, grab some magnets and run...

*life is only bearable when dreams egg you on, methinks...

A DAILY GAME

My death and I play daily games,
whence she reminds me of herself,
whilst I keep focused on my elusive quest,
paying but scant attention to her ways,
too busy with dreams I need to claim,
before time comes for our embrace.

*thanks for helping me enlarge the scope of my dreaming, warren.

*and pls excuse myn OT jingle...

> From: "Paul Gobert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: water + alky / dino-svo + alky / auto tranny + svo / biod +
svo

> Apace Technology in Australia developed an emulsifier that enabled the
> mixing of ethanol with dinodiesel. They were active some 20 years ago but
> don't know where it went from there.

*thanks for the info paul. i have it that benzene will allow a certain
ammount of water contaminated ethanol to mix with gasoline, but have yet to
try this. what about meth/dyno ? the asuncion, paraguay municipality at one
point was going to make 10% anhidrous (absolute) ethanol content mandatory
in dyno used in buses and such, but the project flopped due to truck/bus
owner's resistance. maybe the old rubber controversy...??

(bobeda, any chance you could stop lurking and explain the eth/dyno program
in asuncion ?)(:-D)

> From: Jeremy Shuey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: Saving Gasoline and Money

> I do know that the magnets work on the water.  We have
> extremely hard water here in my part of PA, with the
> limestone and all, and the magnets actually make the
> water a whole lot more soft....

*yes, i can corroborate that. we also have hard water in colonia, uruguay,
where i farm trees and do research on alternative energies, and a neighbour
installed a unit. it works fine except it requires periodic cleaning of the
gunk the magnets somehow retain. my neighbour being a bit comfy gave up
after half a dozen cleanings. will check back with him and post a full
description in a fortnight or so.
*last but not least, how can we incentivate <snipping> amongst honorable
list members ? it is a drag to read a two line answer, or comment, and find
all of the original thread(s) attached, requiring tedious, wasteful
scrolling. here we're discussing fuel alternatives, and savings, and energy
in general, and we're unable to be thrifty and edit our answers. time spent
scrolling is a waste of everybody's time, and i don't think we have the
right to subject people to this. so what say we do a bit of <snipping> and
save everybody some time ? huh ?
cheers, dick.