David, Steve, Jerry and all,

  I need not, nor have any desire to convince anyone on earth other
than myself as to the validity of said circumstances or scientific
properties thereof. I simply do not have the time to dwell on it for
any persons sake other than my own. Others here may have that job,
not me. I am selfish in that I think you should try it for yourself
as I have and not take things you see written on any message group as
the gospel truth.
I can only speak for myself and for what I have seen, what I have
done and what works for me. Dozens of tankfulls have convinced me
that something is going on there and I do not need another persons
opinion as to the fact that it is, or is not. Driving conditions have
been averaged many times before I gave the 4-5 mpg figure. I do not
care if you disagree with this statement. Others come up with as much
as 30% with increased power as well. You can explore this yourself. I
have paved the way to my successes with mileage and feel that you
should do the same if you are so inclined.
  I see you all have explored this matter in great depth and you
remain extremely skeptical. If what you have learned about it is good
enough for you, then I can accept that. I can accept that it is YOUR
opinion.
I, for that matter, am very skeptical of almost everyone in all of
these message groups that can consider themselves experts of
everything known to man. THAT seems highly unlikely to me.
Please, I mean no ill will towards anyone mentioned, nor anyone else
here. Again it is just my observance of things I see when I step back
and look at the big picture.

  The breaking down of petroleum based products by **many** means is
well documented. Your catalytic converter does that every time you
turn the ignition switch. Unfortunately, it is in the wrong place to
do us any good at all. Do you believe that known catalysts are the
only triggers that can do this?   I'm serious...
There are many, many fuel catalysts. It would take you quite a long
time to list them all and I'm almost positive you would leave some
out of the picture if you did. Most of the precious metals are on the
list as well as some common metals
One of the best catalysts at the present you can work with is not a
metal at all. It is Zeolites, a mineral. It is used in some high-end
cat litter to minimize smell as well as refinery applications. See
what the professionals are using to break down olefins and go with
that in your on-board mobile refinery if you want to seek high
mileage gains. My advice... Take it or leave it...
shove it down the drain... Whatever...
  I do not think that magnets and what they can do is magic, though
they are used by many folks to create illusions. Magnets are real,
with real properties that we have only begun to explore. Without
them, you could not possibly read this type, drive in a car or
generate electricity to name a few incidentals. Any household out
there has thousands of magnets in countless numbers of gadgets doing
wonderfull things.
That is what I believe.

You can look at this site:  http://www.fut.es/~sje/mag_fuel.htm

as they have some info on the subject of magnets in regards to fuel,
but do not take anyones word for it. This is the internet after all.
D.I.Y
Peace,
Sam

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "David  Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sam,
>         I sometimes think this is why some of these things work.
Because
> people want them to work they work. The easiest way to obtain high
mpg is to
> keep your foot off the gas pedal. This works everytime in my
experience. For
> trials to be comparable all the variables have to remain constant
and when
> you come to motor vehicles they invariably are not. Forgive me if I
am
> cynical but unless you can totally convince me that long
hydrocarbon chains
> are being broken down to shorter chains and better vaporisation is
occurring
> as a result of the magnetic field I remain totally sceptical. I
admit I have
> done very little research on this aspect. Years ago I spent 5 months
> travelling the length and breadth of India seeing quite a lot of
things I
> could not understand. As I have grown older I have learnt or
understand how
> most of them were done. There are a number of things I still cant
explain
> but because I cant explain them dosnt make them magic. Ninety nine
% of the
> time there is a logical explantion. Forgive me if I am still
critical.
> B.r.,  David

Fact
> is, there are some really nasty low end products even in the best
> gasoline that prevent catalysts from working well before combustion
> where it can do you the most good as far as efficiency and mileage
is
> concerned. In gasoline there is 10% of the so-called "additives"
> which are not additives at all but stuff that is not taken OUT of
the
> process and that is what kills mileage. Remember, the worlds record
> for specialty marathon high mileage vehicles is well over 9,000 mpg.
>
> Why is it that every time that the EPA raises the level of ratings
> for mpg, the car companies are so quick to comply? Why didn't they
> produce them sooner? They are not years away from getting the
product
> in question to the market. Makes you wonder, eh? It happens as soon
> as the upper limits are raised. Is this a trade off? The EPA says,
OK