Please respond to biofuel@yahoogroups.com

To:   biofuel@yahoogroups.com
cc:    (bcc: Joseph Martelle/US/GM/GMC)
Subject:  [biofuel] zeolite - Digest Number 489

From: robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: zeolite

I don't mean to be flip about this, but why don't the ethanol enthusiasts,
or those using ethanol for biodiesel, simply leave their brew outdoors
during a winter night?  In the morning, remove the ice floating on top, and
the winter temperatures will have
done the distilling for free!

Anyone tried this?

*brilliant lateral thinking, rabello !!  i see no reason why it shouldn't
work. will try it in my freezer soon as i can get my hand on some hydroalky,
don't have freezing weather these parts of the globe.

*it's good, solid, practical ideas like these that put 'meat' in this
list...

*keep them coming, cheers, dick.

~~~~The ethanol acts as an antifreeze keeping the water from freezing. Also the
spec. gravity of water is greater than EtOH, it would sink not float. Joe

"<snipping> is a consummate art, reserved only for those with exquisite
taste, and impeccable manners" R.G.C.