> From: Paul Cooksley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Re: Poppycock!!! /Bashing/OFF TOPIC

> As someone who has just logged onto this group, and only for a week at
> that, I feel that there appears to be a serious ego problem, culturally
and
> parochially...

don't give it a second thought paul. the list will run a fever now and then,
but it somehow comes back onstream after a while. last time it was the 'mad
cow list'. now it's the 'john wayne vs. the world list'. but it goes
away....

> I had asked a question re: had anybody gone throught the process of
fitting
> a diesel plant to a vehicle designed for petrol and whether there were any
> problems with gearing ie do I need to change the rear differential...

i farm in uruguay, and reside in argentina. in both places diesel
conversions are common. usually they fit a used japanese high speed diesel
to a gasoline pick-up truck or big american car. these engines are fast
diesels, and rev up quite well. also they come equiped with five speeders,
vs the std american three speeder (older vehicles), so they are more
flexible in rpm/ratio putout. a bonus is that a lot of these fast diesels
are lighter than the big six cylinders they replace. usually 2 - 3 liters.
isuzu, toyota, nissan, etc. all work great. stay away from the 24 volt
models.

you shouldn't have any dif ratio problems. and if you do, it's easy to go to
a smaller diameter tire/wheel.

the conversion is simple. so go ahead and tackle it with the usual oz
panache !!!

and stay with us to tell us about results.

cheers, dick.

<snip> and be recognized as a warm, caring person. this is a public service
message.