Hi everyone,

I bubble washed the methyl ester after removing the glycerine layer.  Funny
thing is the water turned really white and the level of my ME really
thinned after 12 hours of bubble washing.  The water volume i used was 100%
of the ME and i forgot to add the acid.  Why did the ME yeild dimminish?
Could it mean that my ME did not react completely and during the bubble
wash the "unstable" stuff turned into soap?  Has anyone encountered
deminishing yield because of the bubble wash.  The ME had stood for 1 week
before the bubble wash and i noticed the volume drop during that time( i
think bec. of the methanol evaporating).

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Ken C.