thanks david, i'll think in all those points-----Mensaje original-----
De: David Preskett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2001 11:11
Para: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Asunto: Re: [biofuel] washing machine and biodiesel

M Rolan wrote:

> Tell me please on wich pieces should I be carefull

If you're using the methoxide process, do not use equipment that is not
"intrinsically safe for use in potentially explosive atmosheres".

washing machine motors have carbon brushes on a commutator which are very
efficient spark generators
Solenoid valves - sealed against explosive methanol vapours?
water pump - ditto plus pressure
thermostat - and if it fails?
static protection - you have none

And so it goes on. None of this addresses the toxicity of methanol nor the
environmental implications of waste water, VOC emissions or glycerol
disposal.

--
------------
Recycling - not a chore more a way of life

Dave Preskett         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The BioComposites Centre
University of Wales, Bangor
Deiniol Road
Bangor
Gwynedd
LL57 2UW

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.1681224.3270152.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050832
69:HM/A=879172/R=0/*http://www.fastweb.com/ib/yahoo-75f>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=178320.1681224.3270152.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=1705083269:HM/A=879172/rand=133830524>

<http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!