Its been written:

> Corn is 9,000BTU @ pound
>
> MH wrote:
>
> > CORN   1,000  BTU/POUND   (56,000 BTU per bushel @ 56 pounds)
> > WOOD   8,600  BTU/POUND
>
>       Where did you get this from? The page you show here doesn't even have
> corn
> on it. It has corn cobs and stalks, not shelled corn.

I'm not sure where in the Worldww I read that!
My apologies for providing misleading information.

I see that 9k/BTU/pound is listed
http://www.amaize-ingenergy.com/index.html
but calculating the chart I get a range of 7500-8500
Anyway, it spurred my interest in Shelled Corn and found some additional info
that could be of interest.

Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences - "ENERGY ALTERNATIVES"
http://energy.cas.psu.edu  covers several topics.  e.g.  "EnergySelector --  is
a user-friendly decision-aide to easily compare the heating values available
from any two energy sources."    "Heat Energy Content of Shelled Corn" --
based on bomb calorimeter studies - about 6800,  wood - 8200.
They discount moisture level-BTU mathematically.

University of Minnesota - "Burning Shelled Corn to Produce Heat Energy"
http://www.bae.umn.edu/extens/energy/cornburners.html  offer a formula for
calculating fuel costs    i.e.  "Cost per million Btu =
[$2.00/bu divide by (392,000 Btu/bu x 0.65 efficiency)] x 1,000,000"
and mentions burner design and corn ash challenges.

Ontario - Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- "Burning Shelled Corn as a Heating Fuel"
http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/crops/facts/93-023.htm
"HEAT ENERGY OF ON-FARM FUEL SOURCES"  and
"HEAT CONTENT & HEATING EFFICIENCY OF VARIOUS FUELS"

Article;  Backwoods Home Magazine - "I heat my house by burning corn"
by Judith W. Monroe  http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/monroe42.html

"a farmer living in a small village 10 miles south of Munich in Bavaria."
Heat with Wheat  http://come.to/heat-with-wheat
Photos of  "Attempt - Does grain burn?"

> > Bio - Units and Conversion Factors
> > http://www.geog.umd.edu/homepage/courses/jboberg/units.htm
> > "Typical Energy Content of Fossil and Biomass Fuels"
> > Solid, Liquid and Gas

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!