To:                     biofuel@yahoogroups.com
From:                   David Preskett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:              Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:43:10 +0000
Subject:                Re: [biofuel] Ethanol question
Send reply to:          biofuel@yahoogroups.com

> Gringo VaLaCasa wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried raising algae?
>
> Spirulina species-
> www.earthrise.com
> They sell dietary supplements made from spirulina. I read one of their
> technical reports detailing the components particulary lipids (name
> for oils in their natural state). I also saw something about bd from
> spirulina somewhere or a suggested use - ..... wicked memory loss:-)
[SNIP]

        If you have a Phd in microbiology and the money to back
you, then fine go for algae. The problem is that whilst they have
potential, they still need a lot of research to be done before they are a
viable bd source. Also spirulina is useless for biodiesel, it has quite
low lipid content. There are better ones "kicking around the place".

        Andrew//*******************************************************\\
|| "Two things get me out of the water quickly:          ||
||                             sharks and toilet paper." ||
||                                       Billy Connelly  ||
||       Andrew Lowe B.Eng.(Civil) GradIEAust PEng       ||
|| Wombat High Tech         *|* Eng. App. Programming    ||
|| [EMAIL PROTECTED]           *|* Perth, Australia         ||
|| www.wht.com.au           *|* C, C++, MDL, Java        ||

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!