On 1/15/02 12:33 PM, "cornfed62" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This might be off subject for the biofuels webpage, but there is alot
> of info here on Diesel Engines and how to improve them.  The engines
> must be in proper operating condition to be truely green in
> operation.

> http://www.dieselinjection.net/articles.html
> is a series of articles written about diesel engine performance

These guys are GREAT!  I have trucker friends who have use their ideas, and
have greatly improved performance (as well as mileage).  I am getting ready
to purchase a bus with a Cummins engine, and these folks are my number one
info source.

1.  Install a Fuel Preporator.    http://www.preporator.com/
It removes the suspends air from the diesel, improving injector performance.
Optional fuel heater.  Easy and cheap filter changes.  10% average mileage
boost.  Better idling and performance.

2.  Install the right gauges; fluid fuel pressure gauge, exhaust pyrometer,
turbo boost guage.

3.  Larger fuel intake line; better yet duel fuel lines.  Eliminates fuel
starvation during peak acceleration.

4.  if your have the availability, variable valve timing (my early L10 does
not have the ability)

5.  Smaller turbo housing - quicker boost.

6.  If you do not have access to BD, use Jacobs Fuel treatment (especially
the winter anti-gel formula)

Read their articles!

Cheers, Tomas Jones
http://www.riverdome.com