I guess the appropriate step then would to take the tranny out of my
pickup and replace it with a 20KW generator, adding a battery bank and
some motors on the front and rear diffs. And some quick couplers for
both electric and hot water. And leave that idling in my driveway when
not on the road.
    Which is not a bad idea anyway, sort of kill two birds with one
stone. Battery banks in house and truck, about a 1000gal insulated hot
water tank in the basement of the house. Put up a few solar panels to
explain the meter running backwards a lot.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix