http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=13874
e T r u c k e r - News

Kentucky eyes biodiesel rule
By Sean Kelley

The Kentucky legislature is considering a bill that would require all
diesel sold in the state to contain 2 percent biodiesel, a fuel
derived from food-based waste oils or soybeans.

If passed, the bill would require diesel sold in the state after July
1, 2003, to contain at least 2 percent of the fuel.

The Kentucky Motor Transport Association is fighting the measure. "We
are vehemently opposed to it," said KMTA President Ned Sheehy. "It's
a cost driver. It's no less than an additional 3 cents a gallon."

Sheehy said the law could encourage commercial drivers to avoid
buying fuel in the state, hurting the local economy and the state's
truck stops. "We would become a bypass state," he said. "Truckers
would make sure they fill up before they come through Kentucky."

KMTA supports a national standard but says a statewide mandate would
create an unstable fuel situation similar to California, where the
state mandates a lower-sulfur fuel, Sheehy said. California diesel
prices tend to be the highest in the country.

The bill, which exempts railroads, went to Kentucky's House floor for
a vote Jan. 28.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM