--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see a lot of people pointing at this fact or that fact as
evidence, but, I
> see don't see a lot of true science behind the facts (as pointed
out with
> the changing temp.),

And all the published 'scientific' studies that are based on BS, have
hurt the credibility of those who may do some real research into an
issue.

>     Have recorded temps. been adjusted for urban thermal bloom?
>     With all the hype that has been bandied about, about greenhouse
gasses
> that man has ben releasing into the atmosphere, have methane
bubbles rising
> up from the ocean floor, from methane hydrate formations been
accounted for?
>     What about the mathane from all the worlds cattle?
>     Volcanic gasses?
>     Swamp gas, what about that one, are we going to drain all the
worlds
> swamps, just so we can control more CO2 and CH4?

CH4 is something on the order of 20 times as potent as CO2 as a
greenhouse gas.

> People talk about carbon sequestring (is that the right
word/spelling?)  How
> about deep sea trenching all the old tires, there has got to be a
lot of
> carbon in tires ( anybody know what percentage of carbon that a
tire is? I
> bet it is high ).

I don't know the percentage, but it is high. It would also be an
excellent fuel source if I could figure out how to deal with the
sulfur content.

> Has anyone figured out how to put out the mine fires that are
currently
> going on? Last I heard, there are a couple in the US that were
expected to
> burn for the next 50+ years ( this was about 5 yrs. ago).

And before men were on the scene to notice, I assume there were Coal
fires in exposed seams. I know there were forest fires and Peat fires
going on. There are many Peat fires here and in Canada every fall in
areas that aren't accessable to Fire Crews. They eventually burn
themselves out of fuel in a few weeks, but it's someitmes difficult
to breath outside for a few weeks, even if the fire is 150 miles
away. We sure get some pretty sunsets, though. Imagine how many SUVs
it would take to produce the amounts of CO2, CO and particulates that
are released in one day of burning, when the smoke can be seen and
smelled for several hundred miles. I may agree that we pollute more
than is necessary, but overall we are a very small portion of the
total.

> I will stop now, but, the questions I have asked here, are but
the "tip of
> the iceburg" (parden the pun).

And from your statements, I assume you have been paying attention and
thinking. In my experience, the people who don't have any questions,
haven't been paying attention to the topic under discussion, or just
blindly accepted whatever was said, because they weren't informed
enough on the topic to have an opinion. Or they are apathetic.
Nothing is that clear-cut, that all agree to everything.
I don't watch much TV, or get my news from paper sources. They nearly
always leave me with more questions than answers, and if I research
to find the answers, I normally find the facts, as presented, were
wrong.

> Greg H.

Motie

Buy Stock for $4.