On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:26:40AM -0000, useravav wrote:
> There has been discussions of excessive fuel pump failures using used
> cooking oil, I would think that it is not the used oil that is the

   Where are you getting this from? Veggie oil is *more* lubricating than
dino-diesel.

> Heating fuels like kerosene, fuel oil, and propane would be available
> but expensive.

   I don't follow your logic. Fuel oil for heating is the same thing as diesel
fuel, propane is made from
fossil fuels as well, the price (and availability) is going to follow exactly
along with motor vehicle
fuels. Propane is especially expensive even now -- it won't get better, or
better in comparison to diesel
fuel or gasoline. Compressed natural gas might be a slightly better option, in
terms of availability, but
not much, since demand for it will skyrocket if the oil stops flowing.
   Woodgas is a much better idea. Making your own ethanol is another. I would
include SVO and biodiesel, but
I have to assume that those two (including WVO) will suffer the same price and
availability problems, at
least until farmers can start producing more oilseed, as fossil fuels if the
foreign oil stops flowing.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix