>Maybe we should just start hounding Congress to support biodiesel in any way
>possible, including paying farmers to grow soy for its production and
>mandating its use over petroleum diesel.  They could do all of this in the
>name of the WAR and Homeland Security.  They seem to be able to pass
>anything else for these reasons, why not support for biodiesel?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Craig Rogers

Yeah, hound 'em!

Re growing soy though, there are better crops. And there's this, from
another list:

"NPR just had a program on about Biodiesel and part of the information was the
issue that storage  for soy oil has now reached epidemic proportions.  The US
has the largest tank farm in the world to store the oil.  The soy cakes are
well used, but the oil is surplus, to the tune of a billion, YES, BILLION
PLUS gallons the feds/soy growers can't get rid of.  I believe the tank farm
is in Minnesota, per the program."

There are better ways of farming too. Energy farming, food farming,
sustainable farming can all go really well together, to everybody's
benefit, from the farmer on down. Not quite what usually happens now.

Best

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!