Hello Peter

Most of the answers to your questions are right at your feet - at the
bottom of each message, where it says:

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:

Ethyl-esters biodiesel
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_link.html#ethylester

Ethanol
http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol.html

Biofuels Library
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html

For:
Mother Earth Alcohol Fuel
The Manual for the Home and Farm Production of Alcohol Fuel
Optimization of a Batch Type Ethyl Ester Process
etc etc

For some indication of yields, see yesterday's message from Appal
Energy on "Results on Revised 2 Stage Acid/Base Method".

There's also good information in this list's message archives on
ethyl-esters biodiesel.

Best wishes

Keith Addison

>Hi
>
>I am an animal nutritionist based in Zambia, Africa.  I have
>encouraged several of my clients to buy extruders to make full fat
>soya and more recently to buy expellers to remove the oil from the
>full fat cake to produce high fat soya cake (6-8 % oil) which has
>wider nutritional applications.
>
>Legislation in Zambia does not allow the retailing of crude soya oil
>and the going price to the refineries is US$0.5/kg, compared with
>US$0.7/litre for fossil diesel.  This diesel price is extremely
>expensive for us compared with neighbouring countries and is one of
>our biggest input costs for agriculture.  I can buy NaOH for
>US$0.61/kg.
>
>I am now trying to see if the farmers can further add value to their
>crops by making BD.  I have downloaded quite lot from the internet
>and have ordered the "From the Fryer to the Fueltank" book.
>
>I would be grateful if someone could help me with the following:
>
>1.    A method (or website reference) to make BD from ethanol rather
>than methanol as I believe ethanol is safer to work with.
>2.    Some help with making ethanol from sugarcane molasses.  The
>locally available ethanol is very expensive at US$0.97/litre.  I can
>buy molasses for about US$5.00/ton
>3.    I would like to know a typical yield of BD per litre of raw
>vegetable oil
>
>Many thanks
>Peter.
>

>Peter D.M. de Wet
>FARMFEED LTD
>POSTNET BOX 442
>P/BAG E891
>LUSAKA
>ZAMBIA
>
>E-MAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.