Hi

I am an animal nutritionist based in Zambia, Africa.  I have encouraged several
of my clients to buy extruders to make full fat soya and more recently to buy
expellers to remove the oil from the full fat cake to produce high fat soya
cake (6-8 % oil) which has wider nutritional applications.

Legislation in Zambia does not allow the retailing of crude soya oil and the
going price to the refineries is US$0.5/kg, compared with US$0.7/litre for
fossil diesel.  This diesel price is extremely expensive for us compared with
neighbouring countries and is one of our biggest input costs for agriculture.
I can buy NaOH for US$0.61/kg.

I am now trying to see if the farmers can further add value to their crops by
making BD.  I have downloaded quite lot from the internet and have ordered the
"From the Fryer to the Fueltank" book.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with the following:

1.    A method (or website reference) to make BD from ethanol rather than
methanol as I believe ethanol is safer to work with.
2.    Some help with making ethanol from sugarcane molasses.  The locally
available ethanol is very expensive at US$0.97/litre.  I can buy molasses for
about US$5.00/ton
3.    I would like to know a typical yield of BD per litre of raw vegetable oil

Many thanks
Peter.

Peter D.M. de Wet
FARMFEED LTD