I belive Heat of Vaporization is irrelavant in a diesel, as cooling is not
important, and detonation is not possable.  The artical does not mention
that.

I would like verification of my understanding.

Thanks
Eric

>From: MH Reply-To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [biofuel] ignition retarding & cetane & fuel properties

<snip>

>  Heat of Vaporization
>  Heat of vaporization affects engine power and efficiency. It is the
>  amount of heat absorbed by a fuel as it evaporates from a liquid
>  state, which occurs when the fuel is mixed with air prior to
>  combustion. Higher heat of vaporization leads to improved
>  cooling ability. Higher cooling during the intake stroke of a
>  spark-ignition engine results in a denser air/fuel mixture. A
>  denser mixture has two effects: (1) it allows for greater power,
>  and (2) it permits a greater compression ratio, which improves
>  power and efficiency. However, although a high heat of
>  vaporization improves power and efficiency, it also adds to coldstart
>  problems when there is little heat in the air or in the engine
>  to vaporize the fuel prior to spark ignition.
>  The alcohol fuels have much higher heats of vaporization than
>  gasoline or diesel.

<sniped>

Please do NOT send &quot;unsubscribe&quot; messages to the list address.