I'm about to junk [* see note at bottom] a 1989 Nissan van (gasoline
engine) with 43,000 miles on it, and in its place I'll be getting a 1989
Nissan van (DIESEL engine) with 27,000 miles on it. Both are automatic
transmission vehicles; the former is 4WD and the latter 2WD.

I would like to try running the diesel vehicle on carefully filtered
waste vegetable oil and biodiesel, in a two-tank arrangement with either
manual or temperature-controlled switching between the fuel systems.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Are there any parts worth scavenging from the
outgoing gasoline vehicle, that will be useful in building the dual tank
SVO system for the diesel vehicle?

Thanks!

Christopher Witmer
Tokyo

[* In Japan a car like this one -- more than ten years old -- has zero
market value, despite its low mileage. I will have to pay money to junk
it. Unlike the USA, there are few junkyards where people go to get
parts, and there is not much of a used parts market. This car will
probably be crushed into a metal, glass and rubber brick and stacked
somewhere with a bunch of similar cars. The upside of this is that
people like me who don't mind old cars can get them for free or for a
pittance.]