----- Original Message -----
From: "Grahams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> From a consignment store perspective, this looks like a great new money
> making venture... importing Japan's used cars!  Hmm how much to ship one
or
> those things?  Also  seriously though, what about other parts that may
need
> to be replaced- doors, glass, tires etc.  Here of course we use used parts
> for almost everything.
> Caroline

 Caroline I don't know about where you come from but in Australia there is a
thriving industry based on low mileage imported Japanese vehicles and
vehicle parts. Dropped my Hilux L diesel engine off for reconditioning at
one such place in Cairns this morning.
Shrink wrapped engines,gearboxes and components, all of oriental parentage,
were on display. They also sell what they call half cuts. Literaly the front
half of cars.
Had dreams at one stage of slotting a Nissan FJ20 turbo into the front of a
peugeot 504 I was restoring. Some might say sacrilidge but I think it would
be OK as the FJ20 is DOHC and 4 valve per cylinder a configuration that
Peugeot pioneered nearly a century ago.

Regards,  Paul Gobert.

---

Will You Find True Love?