All this is based on my reading rather than actual experience, but as
long as the solar radiation is only being applied to the biodiesel as
heat, the controlled use of that heat to rid WVO of water should present
no problem. (Are you sure the time and temp you gave is correct? It
sounds more like a method for pasteurization.)

Edward Beggs is correct that exposure to factors such as light and heat
(and air) are not good for diesel-type fuels. If you are consuming as
you produce, without prolonged storage, then you probably don't have
much to worry about. Given your ambient temperatures and humidity, your
biggest problem (if you encounter any) might be microbial activity, but
if you use what you make reasonably quickly and have a good fuel
filtration system, that shouldn't be reason to worry.

William Clark wrote:

> When settling out water from the WVO, one method suggests heating to 60 deg C
> for 15 minutes. Is this temperature a minimum, same for time? My reason for
> asking is that we have much sunshine here. We could easily heat to that temp
> or more using just slar. The tanks I intend to use are HDPE 1000L tanks
> recycled from a latex plant here in town. They are opaque and have an
> aluminum pallet and frame already attached. Will sunlight have any negative
> effects on the oil?

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!