Hi,

Where in Canada are you? I used to live in Southern Ontario and never had
any problems with my '85 Jetta diesel. While it's true that fuel will gel
around the freezing point, wherever you are, the fuel stations will be
selling winterized fuel as it starts to get cooler. I had a block heater in
my Jetta, but never really had the need for it in Ontario. But if you're in
a colder area (anywhere besides Southern Ontario), you would probably be
wise to put your block heater on a timer for about 2-3 hours during really
cold nights (if you don't have a garage).

I found that as long as I bought fuel from a high volume fuel station and
had a decent battery and 4 good glow plugs, winter operation was nothing to
worry about. Get those items checked soon if you're unsure as to the
condition of either the battery or the plugs, and you shouldn't have to
worry too much.

-Brett

At 20:24 9/27/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>i live in canada and with cold weather apporoaching i am worried about being
>able to run a diesel vehicle. have any of you had experience with this
>problem??? how cold can you run the vehicle??? any tips on easy winter
>startup??? or helping the motor from freezing???

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM