>> I've been 'involved' locally with net-metering and grid interties. I
>> don't see any bright prospects there, unless you just ignore all the
>> regs and just hook up quietly without permissions. Try not to feed
>> back much more than whatever increased amounts you can use. Keep your
>> Net monthly usage about the same, or they will come checking.
>
>Personally, I think one thing we should do is have graduated electric
>rates. When electricity is cheap, the problem becomes that people get even
>more inefficient - leave TVs on all day, don't bother with compact
>fluorescent lights, etc. etc.. Either graduated electric rates (i.e. the
>first 500 kWhrs per month might be fairly cheap, but then it goes up for
>the next 250, more for the next 200, etc.), or an "inefficiency" tax for
>using a high amount of electricity.

In addition, I think we need to have more-transparent up-to-the-minute
in-your-face devices available to consumers so that they can see their usage and
the amounts they're spending more clearly.  I've seen and experienced this in
some of the hybrid cars (the Civic for example) where the dashboard is designed
so that it makes it *fun* to drive in a way that conserves energy.  At present,
it seems like most electric metering is in a closet out-of-sight-out-of-mind
somewhere so that conservation efforts are more haphazard.  I doubt the electric
companies mind that much.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM