Hello again Gumpon

>Dear Keith
>
>Keith Addison wrote:
>
> > Dear Gumpon, hello and welcome
> >
> > >Dear Keith
> > >    Thank you for taking the action in this arguing. Sometimes I
>feel sick to
> > >read through all these. I would like it to be more biofuel news in this
> > >groups
> >
> > I'm so glad you said that. I keep reminding all these noisy
> > Westerners here that there are many people on the list, the majority
> > perhaps, who come from other countries and other cultures. I wish
> > they'd post more, and I think this kind of argument might be a major
> > reason that they don't. I really hope it stops now, of its own
> > accord, rather than my having to stop it. Like it or not, biofuels is
> > a political subject, but this argument is now far beyond that.
> >
> > Come on, Gumpon, let's change the subject, eh? And the whole focus.
> > How're you getting on with the palm oil in Thailand? How's the
> > biodiesel train from Had Yai running? Please give us some news of how
> > you're doing.
> >

>As Michael told you last time, we have succeeded in making
>methylester from mixed
>crude palm oil (fibre and kernel palm oikl) and fibre palm oil (CPO) with the
>three stages acid-base-base reaction but that was only in a beaker with a hot
>plate stirrer. We are now making a 5 litre reactor which we can control all
>conditions (almost finished) and I will continue the experiment to
>confirm all the
>data with mixed crude palm oil.

I hope you'll keep us informed of your progress, very interested to
know what technique you end up with.

>Michael went back to New Zealand and he will be
>back next year.

He wrote to me from New Zealand. He's still a member of the
Biofuels-biz list, but I guess he's not having anything to do with
biodiesel now.

Folks, this is Michael Allen, who was working with Gumpon as Visiting
Professor at Prince of Songkla University in Thailand during the
summer on biodiesel projects. There was a long and very interesting
correspondence with him and others at the Biofuels-biz list on the
difficulties of processing crude palm oil, with eventual success. You
can find the information in the Biofuels-biz archive:
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?list=biofuels-biz

Search for "Allen", the thread is "hi ffa feed stocks" and "High FFA oils".

>Righr now I am running my Kubota engine with 100B to see how long
>that it will last. It have been run over 400 hours continuously now. Every 500
>hours of running it will be tested on the test bed with dynamometer
>comparing with
>the same type and size of another Kubota running with diesel fuel.

Again, Gumpon, please keep us informed. Then between Michael and you
on the two lists we'll have a good picture of a very interesting
project.

> > Michael sent me two photographs of your three-tray sprinkler cooler
> > and a plan of the condensor. Clever! I didn't really understand the
> > plan though (I'm dumb!). Would you care to discuss the system a bit?
> > I'm sure many people here would be interested - it's about running
> > the biodiesel process at or close to the boiling point of methanol
> > and constantly recycling the methanol via a condensor, the recycled
> > meth re-entering the reactor at the bottom. Have I got it right?
> > Interesting, yes. Do you think I could upload the pictures and a
> > description at the Journey to Forever website?
>
>No problem

Okay, I'll roust up some text to describe it and send it to you
off-list for your approval. Thankyou.

>You are right, we operate at about 60 C when we feed the sodium
>methoxide into the
>bottom of the reactor and increase it up to 65 C for another hour
>after all the
>methoxide have fed into the reactor. The condensate of the methanol
>flow back into
>the feeding tank.

Right. I'll do an outline in the next day or two.

Many thanks Gumpon. Please don't be so quiet again, eh? :-)

Regards

Keith

>Regards
>Gumpon
>

> > It's more than 10 years since I was in Thailand. I really like
> > Thailand. Lucky you! (I really like Japan too, but of course it's
> > completely different to Thailand.)
> >
> > Regards, and thanks!
> >
> > Keith
> > Osaka