Slim pickin's is right -- I've been searching for a low-priced
(<$3000) diesel pickup of any size or condition in the general SF Bay
area, and I'm coming up pretty short.

I'd like to experience using biodiesel (available at exactly ONE pump
in the Bay area) with a low-risk investment that I can experiment
with.  Tough going!

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with B100 in mid '80s
vintage Chevy (6.2L) diesels.  These seem to be among the more
available engines in trucks currently around, though I'd vastly
prefer a smaller truck/engine.

Failing that, how 'bout mid-80's vintage Mercedes (e.g., 300SDL)?

Eric.