  From: Hakan Falk
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 9:31 AM
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Timber species

  I agree with you and my comment about teak was more of an attempt to joke,
  than a serious suggestion. Stupid joke that I regret when I read it after
  the posting. You have several slow growing softwood trees, but hardly fast
  growing hardwood.

  Since you know a lot about wood management, maybe you can help me with one
  thing that irritates me. I can not remember the name of the German around
  200 years ago, who developed the embryo to the modern sustainable forest
  management. I read some 120 year old  books about it on my mothers family
  estate around 30 years ago. It was very interesting and the start of the
  Swedish sustainable forest management around  150 years ago. I have seen
  his name at a later occasion but cannot remember it.

  I guess that you studied the subject and maybe know his name.

  Hakan

  At 08:26 AM 11/25/2002 +1100, you wrote:
  >I merely make the point to clarify timber species, however huon pine is a
  >Gymnosperm ie a softwood but is an incredibly slow growing tree.  My point
  >was that the fact that they make a tree faster growing does not change its
  >botanical class.  BTW I am in Australia and we are going to pine pallets
  >here after many years using native Angiosperm timber.  Radiata pine a
  >native of Canada is our preferred plantation timber, maturing in 30 yrs.
  >
  >Neil
  >Canberra
  >Australia

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM