--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "motie_d" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You are right on the money. I have been saying this ever since I
> was in high
> > school ( I wound up in "in school suspension" because I argued
with
> > teacher of the enviromentalest type right in the middle of
class ).

> > Greg H.
> >

>   Greg,
>   Did you get the sense that the Teacher was being deliberately
> deceptive, or simply passing on his/her honest belief in 'common
> knowledge' misinformation?
>   My guess would be the latter. I see the main problem as being a
few
> unscrupulous people who are deliberately spreading misinformation
> gain fame and fortune by playing on concerned people's gullibilty.
>   How many years has Pimentel's 'research' been used as
verification
> that Ethanol is NOT a viable energy source?
>
> Motie

 I need to complete my thought above, and tie it to one of my earlier
posts about Mob Rule or Direct Democracy. The defintion of Direct
Democracy I was using would be...If a vote were to be taken in the
classroom where you were attending, regarding a proposed Law to 'Save
the Environment' would a truly beneficial rule be made? How many
potential voters would be influenced by the false information being
promoted by the Teacher?
 I am against policy being made by uninformed voters in a Mob Rule
setting. 2 wolves and a sheep voting on tonights menu.

Motie