<snip>

> >  I am against policy being made by uninformed voters in a Mob Rule
> > setting. 2 wolves and a sheep voting on tonights menu.
> >

>As am I.

That's what you've got now. Why would direct democracy mean a
majority of wolves over sheep? If that's so then there's no case for
any kind of democracy - that means most people are predators,
majority rule will be predatory, not beneficial in any way, not even
for the predators in the end.

If it were true that the majority is predatory then none of our
societies would have survived at all, nor ever evolved into societies
or communities in the first place. Wolves do not prey on each other.
This metaphor makes no sense to me, though I often see people using
it. It seems to me they aren't thinking straight.

No species predates on itself. Humans do, you'll say. Not really, not
at the community level. Conflict between communities might be another
matter, but traditionally, such conflict is usually not lethal - it's
function is optimum distribution of population according to
resources, as with other species. When city-states and "nations"
(whatever the hell they might be) get involved, it's an aberration, a
distortion of a natural mechanism that applies to all species in
nature. "War" is not meant to be lethal, unless you're an ant.
Democracy is a move towards correcting such aberrations.

In fact, what people do all the time, the individual members of
communities and societies, going about their daily lives, is
cooperate with each other. It's so ubiquitous that nobody even sees
it anymore - and when you do start seeing it, the idea that we're
predators, all the Reaganite-Thatcherist-Friedmannesque cant of the
virtue of greed and selfishness, is preposterous nonsense. As with
competition, in a warped social ethos that now would have
"aggressive" behaviour as a Good Thing. These things exist, in
society and in the jungle - but even in the jungle, competition is
rather a minor phenomenon: symbiosis is far more important. As
cooperation is in society.

The problem with the current model of democracy is that it's been
purloined by a bunch of predators: exactly two wolves and a sheep
voting on tonight's menu. People - individuals, citizens - have been
marginalized. Vested interests, huge, undead corporate bodies with
totally spurious rights of citizenship, make the decisions, have all
the access, spin everything their way: and spin consent by the
majority to the travesty they've made of democracy with nonsense that
_real_ democracy would be tantamount to two wolves and a sheep voting
on tonight's menu.

Why would voters in what you call "Mob Rule" (which I say is what you
have now), your label for direct democracy, necessarily be
uninformed? One aspect of teledemocracy is how very easily
information can be provided, sought, verified, and delivered. Why
would such voters be any less uninformed than voters are now, and not
better informed?

There's a whole series of non-sequiturs in this "Mob Rule" thinking
that just don't withstand the light of day.