It is no real merit to this argument. I had diesel cars for the last 26
years. But even when I financed my studies by driving taxi in Stockholm
some 40 years ago, the diesel taxis engines last 3 to 5 times longer than
gasoline. The famous London Cab is a diesel car. In todays diesels it is
even difficult to know as passenger, if it is diesel or not. As driver you
know because of the heating light before startup (5 seconds). It is no real
considerations, the diesel engine will last longer and work better.

Hakan