Where I live there is no competition between petrol an diesel. The
roads are often flooded for several days at a time and a damp petrol
car won't run. I always look for vehicles with the air intake on the
top of the engine as well.

Work-wise petrol engines can't match the torque characteristics of a
diesel engine, so floods or not, it will always be diesel for me.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is no real merit to this argument. I had diesel cars for the
last 26
> years. But even when I financed my studies by driving taxi in
Stockholm
> some 40 years ago, the diesel taxis engines last 3 to 5 times
longer than
> gasoline. The famous London Cab is a diesel car. In todays diesels
it is
> even difficult to know as passenger, if it is diesel or not. As
driver you
> know because of the heating light before startup (5 seconds). It
is no real
> considerations, the diesel engine will last longer and work better.
>
> Hakan
>
> At 01:11 AM 12/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >I live in  city of about 130,000 people. I'm looking at buying a
> >diesel and using biodiesel for fuel. I have a question though
> >about the praticalities of owning and using a diesel in an urban
> >environment.
> >
> >I wasrecently warned against buying a diesel engine-based
> >vehicle if the vehicle's primary use is mainly short trips (i.e.
in a