Dear Joel,

This information was provided earlier by Keith as an argument
on this issues. Since it is the round for last word, I like to
clarify my understanding of the discussion.

Motie who is deeply involved with forest management in the area
where he lives, have some local and particular problems. This
has to do with how his particular forest works and how different
interest groups acts with regards to his forest. When I say his
forest, I mean the forest that he has interest in. Motie made it
clear from the outset of the discussion, that he was talking
about his forest and his opinion of what happened there.

Discussing the issue from the outside, made me bringing up
several points about forest management that was within my
knowledge and experiences. During this exchange, I became
fully convinced that Motie knew very well what he talked about
and he was a responsible and caring representative for the
forest management interests in his forest. I did of course not
know his forest and my arguments and convictions had in this
case to be of general nature.

Keith who is a knowledgeable man in this field, picked up on
the global aspect, but not without first recognizing Motie's
competence and that he was the best one to talk for his
forest.

Said this, I like to add the following last words,

Our nature is a sensitive environment that through millions
of years developed a balance between the species. When
some species started to dominate to a level that was not
sustainable, things happened on both short and long term
that corrected it. We now have a specie that are growing
out of proportion, we call them humans and on short term the
nature already started to try to apply corrections, long term
nature will succeed.

The impact of the humans is severe and during a very short
time period they have caused enormous damages. Its survival
will be totally dependent on responsible and sustainable
management of nature. If we leave the solutions to nature,
it will be very painful for the future humans that have to take
the consequences of todays excesses.

The environmentalist that wants to leave things only to
nature, must also belive in the natural thinning of the human
population. They should fight against medicines, transport,
feeding starving people and all the other things that work
against the natural control of the human population.

Personally I prefer a managed sustainable world, even
if it is no chance that I will ever see it. But we all have to
work against this goal and show some kind of responsibility
in trying to find a comfortable level for future humans or at least
give them a chance to survive.

Hakan